Founded 2005. Simbu Children Foundation (SCF) is a charity that funds airfares, public transport and medical costs for sick village children from our home Province of Simbu in Papua New Guinea (PNG) to travel to city and overseas hospitals for medical tests, treatment or operations which are unavailable locally. SCF also funds the travel costs for a parent/guardian.
SCF Teams source materials, medical equipment and raise funds for our projects. We support:
– The Sir Joseph Nombri Memorial Hospital in Kundiawa, PNG
– Remote and rural Health Centres and Schools in Simbu Province, PNG
– The Irugl Mother of Life Orphanage at the foot of Mt Wilhelm, PNG
– Medical research and other community aid projects in Simbu Province, PNG
The Foundation has no paid staff, this is a labour of love. SCF is wholly reliant on our wonderful Teams of volunteers and donors throughout PNG and the world.
– Jimmy Drekore (Founder & President)